Friday, August 14, 2026

What microscopic photos have made us rethink reality?

 It's really interesting that there's a whole world around me that I can't see. That's incredible.

When I look at photos like these, I realize there's so much more to life than what I can see.

"Everyday things that look completely different under a microscope."

April 17, 2019

Microscopic photography allows us to see objects in new ways that the human eye never could.

There are microscopic things all around us. When these tiny organisms that we ignore every day are placed under a microscope, their intricate details are astonishing.

These are some of the strangest things to see. Who knew dust could look so colorful? Here are 30 cool photos of amazing things under a microscope.

1. Wood ant holding a microchip in its mandibles.

2. Butterfly eggs on a raspberry plant.

3. A microcrack in the steel

4. household dust

5. Needle and thread

6. E. coli bacteria in lettuce

7. Beard hairs under a scanning electron microscope: razor cut (left) and electric shaver (right)

8. A butterfly wing

9. Head of an embryonic zebrafish at 500x magnification.

10. This image shows the consequences of the reaction of fayalite with gaseous CO2 to form siderite, thus trapping the CO2 in a solid and stable form.