Wednesday, August 12, 2026

What attracts you towards South Indian movies rather than Bollywood?

 I’ll give you this answer in an illustrated way!

You must have been familiar with both of these movies -

This is Hrithik Roshan’s character Arjun in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. He is staunch, disciplined gentleman with a keen business eye and money always on his priority. In a scene when he and Katrina Kaif’s character Laila go for a walk after Tomatina Festival, he tells Laila that his father left nothing but debt for him, so he had to always think about money.

Now,

He is Allu Arjun’s Character Viraj Anand in Son of Sathyamurthy. He on the other hand sells off all of his father’s properties and assets to pay off the loans taken by his Father. He did this so that his Father’s name shouldn’t be dishonored. Also, all the hardships that he faced afterwards was for his Father only. We learnt that Values and Culture are more important than any materialistic thing in this World.

Both are Gem of a Films but the difference lies in regarding ZNMD we say “Arey ye toh dekhi hui hai” (I have seen this) and regarding Son of Sathyamurty it is always a feeling “Arey ye to fir dekhni padegi” ( I’ll watch it one more time”

Another example of Political Movies, as I always have keen interest in them, in Bollywood and Tollywood-

I’ll not even talk about trash like Youngistaan, The Accidental Prime Minister and PM Narendra Modi(Film), especially the latter that utterly destroyed a good personality of PM Modi portrayed by Vivek Oberoi. I’ll talk about-

A brilliant ensemble which could have been made much more brilliantly ended up blatantly hitting Politics and how dirty and materialistic it is. Although, some of the scenes were good otherwise, it’s not even close to actual Raajneeti!

Now,

This is Mahesh Babu starrer Bharat Ane Nenu aka Dashing CM Bharat in dubbed version. This movie actually portrays what is Politics, the level of dirt and also how you can use it to help build the Nation.

The stark difference between both the above movies was a perspective of outlook. As I said earlier, Raajneeti too is well made, well acted but it is so violent, dark and gloomy as if every Indian Election is a Dead Man’s Chest! And on the other hand is Bharat Ane Nenu, depicting real problems and how actually you can come into Politics to clean it from within.

These are very few examples but I think I've made point of preferred choice over South Indian Movies.